Effective Date: January 30, 2008
Information We Collect
When you visit and use Parent Relief products and services, we collect (1) personal information you choose to disclose with us, and (2) Web Site usage information collected by us as you interact with our Web Site.
When you interact with our Web Site, we automatically receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address and browser type. Additionally, we add certain information to your computer using a "cookie". A "cookie" is a small file containing a string of characters tied to information about you. This "cookie" ensures that each session is unique and is authorized between you and Parent Relief. Furthermore, we use "cookies" to confirm that you are logged in. These "cookies" terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to Parent Relief.
When you register with Parent Relief, we ask specific information such as your name, email address, birth date, and gender. You may, at your option, set up profiles such as Provider Profiles within Parent Relief and we would require you to provide us more information such as address, telephone number, and credit card number. We collect this information for the sole purpose of fulfilling your requests for specific products and services, and for offering personalized features to you.
You post User Content (as defined in the Parent Relief Terms and Conditions of Use
) on Parent Relief at your own risk. Although we provide you the tools to specifically control and share your own User Content to other users, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you shared your User Content or information to. In addition, you understand and accept that copies of your User Content may remain in cached and archived pages even after removal, or other users may have copied and stored your User Content.
We offer a convenient way for you to tell a friend about our Web Site. If you use our invitation service, you provide us with information required to send the invitation such as your friend's email address. We record this information to send a one-time invitation, record the registration once the invitation is accepted, and track the success of our referral program.
Use of Collected Information
We use collected information for the following general purposes:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services.
- Personalize content and customize the advertising you see.
- Improve our services delivered to you.
- Occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications about new Parent Relief services.
- Use your email address to send you notifications triggered by important events related to your account such as changing passwords.
- Present profile information back to you so that you can update specific information such as your schedule.
- We may use your profile information without identifying you as an individual to third parties. This anonymous reporting is for conducting research such as aggregating how many Parent Relief users like a specific brand.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you as an individual with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- We respond to court orders, subpoenas, legal process, or to exercise our legal rights to defend ourselves against legal claims. However, we do not share information until we have a good faith belief that the law enforcement or private litigants requesting the information meets applicable legal standards.
- It may be necessary for us to share information in order to investigate, avoid, or take action with regards to suspected fraud or illegal activities perpetrated through the Parent Relief service or using the Parent Relief name, to prevent imminent bodily harm, violations of Parent Relief's Terms and Conditions of Use, or as otherwise required by law. This may include sharing information with lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- We may share information if we explicitly obtain your consent. Requesting your consent to share your information is mostly used when we conduct market research studies, where you are an ideal candidate to provide valuable input.
- We provide limited access to your personal information to employees who we believe reasonably need it to deliver products and services to you, or in order to perform their jobs. These individuals follow strict confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if these obligations are violated.
- We may share your personal information for a limited time to trusted third parties to help us operate our business and provide you the products and services you requested. Examples of third parties may include but not limited to companies that send out email updates about Parent Relief, companies that process payments for us, or companies that remove redundant records from our database. These trusted third parties work on behalf of or with us under strict confidentiality agreements. We enforce contractual and technical protections limiting the use of information to Parent Relief-specified purposes only. These third parties are subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if the confidentiality agreements are violated.
Third Party Advertising
Security at Parent Relief
We take security seriously and take appropriate steps to protect against unauthorized access, unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your data or information. First, our servers are placed behind commercial-grade firewall systems, which protect your information from unauthorized access. Second, we use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your interactions with Parent Relief. With SSL, interactions between your computer and Parent Relief are encrypted so that sensitive information such as credit card numbers and passwords cannot be electronically intercepted during communication.
We employ internal reviews of our data collection, storage, processing and security practices, as well as physical security measures to protect our systems where we store personal data against unauthorized accesses and attacks.
We continue to evaluate and implement enhancements in security technology and practices. We make security and confidentiality of your information our highest priority.
Updating Personal Information
Personal information residing in Parent Relief is readily accessible for changes through the profile editing tools. Users may modify or delete any of their personal information by logging into their account. When information is removed, it may persist in our backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be publicly available.
Revisions and Notices to this Policy
Web Site contact for Questions and Suggestions
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us by email
or by mail at:
45 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 900
Canada M2N 5W9